Meet Dr. Erik Hansen, MD
Dr. Hansen is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with the Arthritis and Joint Replacement Center at UCSF Medical Center.
He specializes in reconstructive, replacement, and revision surgery of the hip and knee. He is dedicated to helping patients get back to mobility, functionality, and relief.
Dr. Hansen at a Glance
- Dr. Hansen has robust knowledge in primary total joint arthroplasty (including the direct anterior approach for hip replacement surgery) and complex revision surgery.
- He is an expert in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of periprosthetic joint infection.
Talk to Dr. Hansen and explore your treatment options.
Dr. Hansen is a member of The Arthritis and Joint Replacement Center at UCSF Medical Center.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Erik Hansen, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- ACL Injury
- Articular Cartilage Injury
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome
- Joint Infection
- Jumpers Knee
- Lateral Ligament Injury
- Medial Cartilage Meniscus
- Medial Ligament Injury
- Osgood-Schlatters Disease
- Osteoarthritis of the Hip
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Adult Reconstruction
- All-Inside Meniscus Repair
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Lateral Release
- Hip Replacement
- Inside-Out Meniscus Repair
- Medial Collateral Ligament Reconstruction
- Medial Patellofemoral Ligament (MPFL) Reconstruction
- Medial Patellofemoral Ligament (MPFL) Repair
- Partial Knee Replacement (Unicompartmental Replacement / Patellofemoral Replacement / MAKOplasty)
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Posterolateral Corner Reconstruction
- Revision Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement
- Treatment of Osteochondritis Dessicans (OCD)
Accolades for Dr. Erik Hansen, MD
- Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction
- Assistant Clinical Professor - Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UCSF School of Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
Office Information for Dr. Erik Hansen, MD
Mission Bay Orthopaedic Institute
1500 Owens Street
San Francisco, CA 94158
Profile last updated: October 25, 2017. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.