Meet Dr. Mark C. Hartley, MD
Dr. Hartley is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with OrthoVirginia.
If you have a painful condition in your hip, knee, or shoulder, Dr. Hartley can join you with advanced orthopedic solutions. He specializes in arthroscopic surgery, sports medicine, arthritis treatment, and total joint replacement.
Dr. Hartley at a Glance
- An athlete himself, Dr. Hartley is passionate about helping patients make a full and fast return to the activities they enjoy.
- Dr. Hartley is a leading authority on the latest joint implant techniques and technologies; he has performed more than 2,000 joint replacements procedures, including minimally invasive hip and knee replacements.
Visit Dr. Hartley for advanced orthopedic care.
Dr. Hartley is a member of OrthoVirginia.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Mark C. Hartley, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine
- B.A., Princeton University
- ACL Tear
- Arthritis of the Hip
- Arthritis of the Knee
- Hip Injuries
- Hip Pain
- Joint Injury
- Joint Pain
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Pain
- Meniscus Tears
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Shoulder Injury
- Shoulder Labral Tear
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Injuries
- ACL Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Knee
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Shoulder
- Labral Repair
- Meniscus Repair
- Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery
- Revision Knee Replacement Surgery
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Sports Medicine
- Total & Partial Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Mark C. Hartley, MD
"It was a very good experience; Dr. Hartley is very clear in his explanations. He provided a lot of good information that will help me address the knee problems long term. I highly recommend Dr. Hartley and Commonwealth Orthopedics."— Marcia O, Angie's List Reviewer
"Dr. Hartley is fantastic, knowledgeable, considerate, thorough, and then some. He is a doctor with a schedule, there is no doubt, but that won't stop him from showing you everything he sees on your x-rays, explaining what it means today, and for tomorrow. He's hands down my favorite orthopedist, and I have had many in the 31 years since I started seeing one!"— Tiffany C, Angie's List Reviewer
Accolades for Dr. Mark C. Hartley, MD
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Voted a "Top Doctor" by Northern Virginia Magazine: 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Voted a "Top Doctor" by Washingtonian Magazine: 2014
Office Information for Dr. Mark C. Hartley, MD
Profile last updated: August 29, 2017. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.