Meet Dr. William Winternitz, MD
Dr. Winternitz is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with Palomar Health Orthopedic & Spine Center.
He specializes in treating conditions related to sports medicine, knee and hip pain, fractures, and rotator cuff tears.
Dr. Winternitz at a Glance
- Dr. Winternitz teaches in the UC San Diego Sports Medicine Fellowship Program, serves as team physician for local college and high school athletics, and consults for the Surf Soccer League of San Diego and Cheerforce San Diego.
- He completed a residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Minnesota and a fellowship in Sports medicine of the University of Oregon.
See Dr. Winternitz about your pain.
Dr. Winternitz is a member of Palomar Health Orthopedic & Spine Center
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. William Winternitz, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Hip Injuries
- Joint Pain
- Knee Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Sports Injuries
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Fracture Care
- Joint Replacement
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Sports Medicine
- Total Knee Replacement
Accolades for Dr. William Winternitz, MD
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine - University of Oregon
- Professor, UC San Diego Sports Medicine Fellowship Program
- Orthopedic Consultant, Surf Soccer League of San Diego and Cheerforce San Diego
- Head Team Physician, Palomar College
- Team Physician, Mt. Carmel High and San Pasqual High Schools
- Teacher of the Year for the Family Medicine program at Sutter Health - 2003
- Teacher of the Year for the Family Medicine program at UC Davis - 1998
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Sugery, Subspecialty in Sports Medicine
Office Information for Dr. William Winternitz, MD
12630 Monte Vista Road
Poway, CA 92064
Profile last updated: June 15, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.