Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Welcome to Sports-Health Forums
We are using the same format and navigation as we do on Spine-Health
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Calf pain physio can't get to the bottom of

Hi

New to this after some advice.

I have been running for 5 years and around every 6 to 8 months I get a calf strain which keeps me out for about a month but always when I'm starting to run well.

About 2 months ago I was running and felt a sharp pain at the very bottom of heel. Then about 100m later my calf seems to make a noise. 

I did the usual ice stretch  etc. 

After 3 weeks I managed to run  a park run. Then a 5k 2 days later. . Then later that night calf he come tight and then another couple weeks off.

The physio can't find anything wrong when they examine and the pain and tightness seems to move around my calf and come and go. 

I have always had tight calfs nothing seems to sort it, When I do calf raises my leg goes so tight and bent leg  single calf raises really hurts down the back of calf.

Nobody has ever  checked if something else could cause it. 

Any ideas. It's getting me down nobody being able to help

advertisement