Forearm Tendon Damage from tennis

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found any solutions?

I have damage in my tendons in both forearms after a lifetime of tennis. I can barely hold anything - specifically pots, pans, mugs of coffee, luggage handles... and turning anything like door knobs or screwdrivers hurts and feels as if my tendons are going to rip. Needless to say I haven't been able to play tennis at all. 

I have tried:

-self massage

-ice packs

-k tape and compression sleeves

-brace

-stretches

Nothing has brought me relief and ive now had the problem for 5 years. I want to get back to tennis. It's a huge part of who I am. 

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro New Milford, CT 06776Posts: 34

My first response would be what doctor(s) and tests have you had done.

Since you have had this problem for so long, I am sure you would be looking for some relief

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager  I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • tennisplayer90

please click on the welcome link below for more information on the forum.

welcome to sports-health and how to use the sysem

we need more information regarding yourself. below are a couple of links that may help you out.
    sports injury health center
    sports injury treatments

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • tennisplayer

I had the same symptoms you mention, after several cortisone injections for tennis elbow, I had a MRI which showed a massive bone spur that had already cut the tendon half way into, that tendon controls arm and hand movement, surgery was the only option, it was very painful and recovery was no fun, but my arm is as strong as ever with no pain, moral of the story, get a MRI

Chip

Veritas Health Forum Moderator