Knee issues years after knee surgery...

In July 2017 I had an ACL reconstruction along with partial meniscectomy. My recovery went well with regular doctor check ups and physical therapy. Over the last 7 months I've had something occur a few times and I'm wondering if it's "normal".  I workout 4 times a week, I'm careful and have not had any workout related pain afterwards. But very randomly my knee swells up and feels like I've somehow hurt it, like if I've somehow "stepped wrong" and aggrevated something.  The first time it happened I went to sit down. Most recently it was just after a day of walking a lot.  After these instances my knee will swell & tighten up and it goes on for about a week.  During that week my knee will feel weak and daily things like stair climbing, will be a little difficult. I'm wondering if this is something that I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life or am I still technically in a recovery phase that can take years. Has anyone else dealt with something like this?

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmmemerainbolt Posts: 99

dilly2782

Please click on the welcome link below to learn more about the forum and system.
    welcome to sports-health and how to use the sysem

To be honest, I have been lucky so far not to have knee issues. So when it comes to this I call on Ron, the manager, to give advice and or recommendations. He has had knee surgery before.
    Take care and keep us posted. 

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • challengercchallenger Posts: 3

dilly

I have not had ACL surgery, I did sprain my ACL and tear my meniscus, surgery was required to fix that, I have somewhat the same problem as you from time to time, when my knee swells and hurts I will wear a brace for a couple of days, that usually does it for me.

Chip

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement