its or lateral meniscus tear?

Hi, I have a lot of pain in the outside of my right knee, as well as the right side of the back of my knee. I have a lot of trouble bending my knee and sometimes the outside of my knee is swollen, esp. after I practice. My Athletic trainer said I have IT Band Syndrome, but I read that if I foam roll on my IT band with ITBS I should be in immense pain? Also I read that ITBS is more of a prolonged injury I know exactly when I got my pain. My pain started after a game and I could barely walk or bend my knee, that was 2 weeks ago. I am coping with the pain for the most part, I can walk with my pain at like a 5 stairs are a 7 and practice is a full on 10. So my question is does it sound more like IT band syndrome or a lateral meniscus tear?

advertisement

Comments

• hello claire!!
    welcome to sports-health

there are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. therefore, no one is capable or allowed to give any medical advice.
    other members may tell you their experience with this type of injury.
    have you had your doctor do any diagnostic test to see exactly what it is?
    while you are waiting on others to reply, please click on the welcome link below for more information on how to use the forum.

welcome to sports-health and how to use the sysem

take care and keep us posted on what you find out.

Sandra
    Sports-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History