We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com. Learn more here.

Lightheadness and weakness

Hello everyone

I’ve been experiencing the following symptoms for several weeks and was hoping if someone could advise me, I have leg weakness and a light weightless head which lasts all day. Along with this I experience shaking and sweating. As far as I can remember this happened after exercise? Is this due to glycogen deleption? If so how do I recover quickly from this? Any tips would be deeply appreciated 

Thankyou 

advertisement

Comments

• hello asd1
    welcome to sports-health

i researched "glycogen depletion" and below is what i found.

after glycogen stores have been depleted and before gluconeogenesis kicks in, an athlete may experience symptoms of hypoglycemia, which occurs when blood glucose levels are low. during hypoglycemia, a person may feel extreme fatigue anda near complete loss of energy, often referred to as "bonking"

since this is happening you might want to check with your doctor and let him what is going on.

please click on the welcome link below to help you get started on the forum.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History