Meet Dr. John P. McConnell, MD
Dr. McConnell is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with OrthoVirginia.
His areas of specialization include sports medicine, joint replacement, knee and shoulder care, arthroscopic surgery, and ACL reconstructions.
Dr. McConnell at a Glance
- Dr. McConnell has helped many athletes effectively recover from painful joint conditions, as he spent half a decade as a team physician for the NFL’s Washington Redskins.
- He serves as Director of the Orthopaedic Residency program at Virginia Hospital Center, and as a Clinical Professor or Orthopaedic Surgery at Georgetown University Hospital.
For quality care, discuss your options with Dr. McConnell.
Dr. McConnell is a member of OrthoVirginia.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. John P. McConnell, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
- ACL Tear
- Ankle Injury
- Ankle Pain
- Hip Injuries
- Hip Pain
- Joint Pain
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Pain
- Ligament Injuries
- Muscle/Nerve Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Shoulder Injury
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Tendon Injuries
- Work Injuries
- ACL Surgery
- Ankle Surgery
- Arthroscopic Meniscal Repair
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Fracture Care
- Hip Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Reconstruction
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Ligament Reconstruction
- Knee Reconstruction
- Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pain Management
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Surgery
- Sports Medicine
What Patients are Saying About Dr. John P. McConnell, MD
"Dr. McConnell was excellent with the surgery on my husband’s knee. Not one single complication, or problem after the surgery. He even called to check on my husband himself! That means a lot this day in age. Thank you Dr. McConnell!!"— Vitals.com Review
"Dr. McConnell is great!!!"— Patient Satisfaction Survey Comment
Accolades for Dr. John P. McConnell, MD
- Clinical Professor of Orthopedics, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Team Physician for Washington Redskins: 1995-2000
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Virginia Medical Society
- Virginia Orthopaedic Society
- Eastern Orthopedic Society
- Georgetown Orthopaedic Society
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Arlington County Medical Society
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Georgetown University's Kenmore Award for Excellence in Orthopedic Education: 1992, 2000, 2005, 2009
- Clinical Professor of Orthopedics at Georgetown University
Office Information for Dr. John P. McConnell, MD
Vienna, VA 22182
Profile last updated: August 29, 2017. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.