Meet Dr. Paul J. Switaj, MD
Dr. Switaj is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with OrthoVirginia, specializing in foot and ankle care.
Dr. Switaj treats a wide range of conditions, including sports injuries, fractures and trauma, arthritis, and tendon disorders. His goal is to help each patient see quick and effective results, so they can get back to the mobile lives they love.
Dr. Switaj at a Glance
- Dr. Switaj is experienced performing achilles tendon reconstruction, bunion correction, total ankle replacement, hindfoot reconstruction, and more.
- He is the team physician for a local high school, providing expert orthopedic and sports medicine care.
If you have a painful or limiting foot condition, consider consulting with Dr. Switaj.
Dr. Switaj is a member of OrthoVirginia.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Paul J. Switaj, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Undergraduate, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana
- M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Residency - Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Arthritis of the Ankle
- Arthritis of the Foot
- Flat Foot
- Osteochondral Defects/Lesions
- Peroneal Tendon Injury
- Achilles Tendon Repair
- Ankle Arthoscopy
- Bunion Surgery
- Flat Foot Reconstruction
- Foot / Ankle Fusion
- Peroneal Tendon Repair
- Total Ankle Repacement
Accolades for Dr. Paul J. Switaj, MD
- Fellowship - Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction at Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- Chief Resident, Northwestern University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- John N. Delahay Award for Outstanding Achievement in Orthopaedic Surgery, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
Profile last updated: August 30, 2017. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.