Please see the index below for a list of all our articles on Elbow Injuries.

If you are new to the subject, we recommend starting with: Tennis Elbow: All About Lateral Epicondylitis

The vast majority (95%) of tennis elbow cases heal without surgery. For the other 5% of cases, surgical treatment options include open surgery and arthroscopic surgery of the elbow joint.
Tennis elbow isn't just for tennis players. Athletes who make repetitive throwing motions during play, or anyone who makes repetitive arm motions at work, is at risk of developing tennis elbow.

Myriad imaging tests can help diagnose tennis elbow in an athlete exhibiting symptoms. Possible tests may include X-rays, MRI, EMG, and Power Doppler ultrasound, depending on the location and severity of symptoms.

A painful, burning sensation in the outer elbow that worsens over time is just one of the many symptoms of tennis elbow.
Treatment recommendations vary greatly among physicians. Athletes may consider seeking second opinions and/or a treatment protocol from physical therapists or athletic trainers.
Lateral epicondylitis, or tennis elbow, is caused by overuse of the tendons that connect the muscles controlling the wrist and fingers to a bony protrusion on the outside of the elbow.