Meet Michael F. Schafer, MD
Dr. Schafer is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with Northwestern Medicine.
He specializes in the treatment of spinal conditions and sports injuries.
Dr. Schafer at a Glance
- Dr. Schafer is a professor and the program director of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Northwestern University.
- He provides expertise for two of Chicago’s top professional sports teams and has received numerous accolades and awards.
Discover the benefit of receiving care from Dr. Schafer.
Dr. Schafer is a member of Northwestern Medicine
How Michael F. Schafer, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Elbow Disorders
- Shoulder Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Medicine
Accolades for Michael F. Schafer, MD
- Fellowship, Spine Surgery - National Foundation Traveling Fellowship, Australia
- Fellowship - North American Traveling Fellowship
- Board of Directors of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- William W. Tipton, Jr., MD 2008 Leadership Award
- Chicago Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Illinois Medical Society
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Office Information for Michael F. Schafer, MD
Northwestern Center for Comprehensive Orthopaedic and Spine Care
259 E. Erie
Chicago, IL 60611
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.