How to Make Your Own Cold Pack
Homemade Gel Ice Packs
- 1 quart-size freezer bag
- 1 gallon-size freezer bag
- 2 cupswater
- 1 cup rubbing alcohol (70%)
- Fill the quart-size freezer bag with 1 cup of rubbing alcohol and 2 cups of water.
- Try to get as much air out of the freezer bag before sealing it.
- Place the bag and its contents inside a gallon-size freezer bag.
- Leave the bag in the freezer for at least an hour.
Use this gel ice pack by wrapping it in a towel or t-shirt and placing it on the affected body part.
Homemade Moist Cold Packs
- 4-6 cups of uncooked rice
- Needle and thread (optional)
- Fill a sock or similar type of cloth container with uncooked rice.
- Tie or sew the open end of the sock to seal it completely.
- Leave the sock in the freezer for at least an hour.
Use this moist cold pack by wrapping it in a towel or t-shirt and placing it on the affected body part.
This information is not intended or implied as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images or other information provided is intended for general information purposes only. Always consult with your physician for diagnosis or treatment.