Dr. Ian Byram is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon. He did his fellowship training in shoulder, elbow, and sports medicine at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City, and also served as a physician for the University’s football team. In addition to shoulder, elbow and sports medicine issues, Dr. Byram has special interest joint preservation and replacement, adolescent and pediatric care, and fracture care.
Dr. Byram has co-authored numerous articles for professional medical journals. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Orthopaedic Association’s Emerging Leaders Program, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, and the Association of Clinical Elbow and Shoulder Surgeons.
- MD–University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Fellowship–Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency–(Administrative Chief Resident) Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics
Areas of Specialization
- Shoulder and elbow
- Sports medicine
- Joint replacement and preservation
- Kids and teens
- General orthopaedics and fracture care
Bone and Joint Institute of Tennessee
4323 Carothers Parkway, Suite 201
Franklin, TN 37067