One Leg Balance
- Stand straight and shift your weight on one leg.
- Bend the knee of the opposite leg so that it remains off of the floor.
- Hold this position for 1 minute.
- Rest for 10 to 20 seconds and repeat with the other leg.
Repeat this exercise 3 to 4 times on each leg.
Unilateral 3-Way Kick
- Begin by standing on one leg.
- Raise the opposite leg off the floor in front of you, with the toes pointing upwards.
- Gently lower the leg back to the starting position.
Repeat this exercise to the side and back with each leg.
Shoulder Wall Ball Stability
- Place a large exercise ball against a wall and hold it in place with one hand.
- Make small circles with your arm, moving the ball and keeping the arm extended.
- Maintain an extended elbow but avoid locking or hyperextending it.
Continue this exercise for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat these steps for the opposite arm.
In This Article:
- Proprioception: Making Sense of Body Position
- Simple Exercises to Restore Proprioception
- Advanced Exercises to Restore Proprioception
- Video: 3 Simple Exercises to Restore Proprioception
- Video: 3 Advanced Exercises to Restore Proprioception