Gabriella Ode, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in knee, shoulder, and elbow surgery. After completing residency training at Atrium Health/OrthoCarolina in Charlotte, North Carolina, she completed a fellowship in sports medicine and shoulder surgery at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. During her fellowship, Dr. Ode served as the assistant team physician for the Brooklyn Nets of the National Basketball Association, as well as assistant team physician for Iona College. After her fellowship, she traveled across France for two months, gaining additional experience in shoulder surgery from world-renowned shoulder experts Pascal Boileau, Phillip Collin, and Lionel Neyton.
A dedicated orthopedic researcher, Dr. Ode has over 50 peer-reviewed articles and presentations, both nationally and internationally. Her academic and clinical research interests include optimizing orthopedic resident training, increasing diversity within orthopedic surgery, returning athletes to sport, and outcomes of shoulder arthroplasty and knee cartilage restoration. She has a particular dedication to the care and management of female athletes and women's sports medicine. She currently serves on several national orthopedic committees and as a reviewer for several peer-reviewed journals within orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and shoulder surgery.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- BS – University of Virginia
- MD – Rush University Medical College
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
Clinic InformationGabriella Ode, MD
309 E 1st Avenue
Easley, SC 29640