Dr. Michael Fredericson is a sports medicine physiatrist with more than 25 years of experience. He serves as a Professor and the Director of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Sports Medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine.
Dr. Fredericson is also a Principal Investigator in the Stanford Human Performance Lab, Head Team Physician with the Stanford Sports Medicine Program, and the Medical Director for Stanford Club Sports. He is also Founder and Director of the Stanford RunSafe Injury Prevention Program.
He has been a speaker at several national and international symposiums, published numerous peer-reviewed articles, and is the author of three books. Dr. Fredericson was the Founding Editor of PM&R, the official journal of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American College of Sports Medicine
- Member, Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Member, American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Member, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certification, Sports Medicine
- BA – University of Redlands
- MD – New York Medical College
- Residency – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Stanford University Medical Center
- Fellowship – Sports and Spine Medicine, Sports Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Associates, Portola Valley, CA
Clinic InformationSports Medicine Center - North Campus
450 Broadway St
Pavilion A 2nd Fl MC 6120
Redwood City, CA 94063