Dr. Michael McCabe is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and general orthopedics at Apex Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.
He previously served as a sports medicine specialist at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD, caring for a variety of patient populations including Wounded Warriors and United States Congress. He is also the sports medicine provider for several local high schools and served as an orthopedic surgeon for Kansas City’s professional women’s soccer team.
Dr. McCabe's research has been published in medical journals, such as the American Journal of Sports Medicine and the Journal of Arthroscopy.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BA – University of Notre Dame
- MD – Tulane University School of Medicine
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Tennessee, Campbell Clinic, Memphis, TN
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy, Mississippi Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center, Jackson, MS
Apex Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
10777 Nall Ave., Suite 300
Overland Park, KS 66211