Dr. Nikhil Verma is a sports medicine physician and orthopedic surgeon at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush University. He specializes in treating shoulder, elbow, and knee injuries.
In addition to maintaining an active clinical practice, Dr. Verma serves as a team physician for the Chicago White Sox and the Chicago Bulls. He is also involved in orthopedic research with interests in basic science, biomechanics and clinical outcomes, and has received funding for his work from Major League Baseball.
Dr. Verma also serves as Associate Editor of the Arthroscopy Journal and on the editorial board of the Journal of Knee Surgery.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons
- Member, American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, Major League Baseball Team Physician Association
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – University of Michigan
- MD – University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine and Shoulder Service, Hospital for Special Surgery
Orthopedic Building at Rush University Medical Center
1611 West Harrison Street
Chicago, IL 60612