Dr. Engelen is a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. After earning his DO at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, he completed a transitional internship at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth in Virginia.
As a Lieutenant in the US Navy, Dr. Engelen served as the medical officer for 1st Battalion, 6th Marines in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and served in Afghanistan. He also completed the Navy Undersea Medical Officer Course and was a Dive Medical Officer.
Dr. Engelen completed a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Utah as well as a fellowship in Sports Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. His special interests include using medical imaging and regenerative medicine to help prevent, diagnose, and treat sports injuries.
Dr. Engelen has served as a physician for several sporting events, and college and high school teams. Currently he serves as the team physician for West Jordan High School in Utah.
- DO–Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- Internship–Naval Medical Center Portsmouth in Virginia
- Residency–Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Utah
- Fellowship–Sports Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pennsylvania
Areas of Specialization
- Spine injuries
- Sports injuries
- Advanced fluoroscopic procedures including epidural injections, facet blocks, and SI joint injections
- Ultrasound guided procedures for joint, tendon, or nerve injuries
- Diagnostic musculoskeletal and sports ultrasound
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatments
- Stem cell treatments
- Biomechanical analysis for injury prevention and sports performance
Robert Engelen, DO
Center of Orthopedic & Rehabilitation Excellence (CORE)
3590 West 9000 South
West Jordan, UT 84088