Dr. Robert Wilder is a sports medicine physician serving as Chair of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Virginia School of Medicine and as Medical Director of The Runner’s Clinic and the UVA SPEED Clinic Motion Analysis Lab. He also directs the Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Program.
Dr. Wilder has authored and edited dozens of articles and textbooks, including Running Medicine. He serves as a team physician for Ragged Mountain Racing and Monticello High School, as well as various local marathons and races.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American College of Sports Medicine
- Legacy Award for Excellence in Sports Medicine, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certification, Sports Medicine
- BS – University of Dayton
- MD – University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Residency – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Baylor College of Medicine
- Fellowship – Primary Care Sports Medicine, Nirschl Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Clinic, Arlington, VA
The Runner’s Clinic
UVA Musculoskeletal Center
Fontaine Research Park
545 Ray C. Hunt Drive, Suite 310
Charlottesville, VA 22903-2981