Dr. William Mook is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and injuries of the shoulder, knee, and hip.
Dr. Mook cares for patients at OrthoVirginia, where he is the Managing Partner of the Reston office. He also serves as a team physician for Major League Soccer teams, as well as the United States Snowboard Team and Ski Team.
He has given numerous presentations on sports medicine and joint injuries. He has contributed chapters to textbooks, and his research has been published in peer-reviewed medical journals, such as the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Diplomat, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Associate Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Associate Member, International Society of Hip Arthroscopy
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- MD – University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine, The Steadman Clinic and The Steadman Philippon Research Institute, Vail, CO
Clinic InformationWilliam Mook, MD
1850 Town Center Parkway
Reston, VA 20190