Orthopedic surgeon Duretti Fufa, MD, specializes in hand surgery and has additional expertise in reconstruction and microsurgery.
Dr. Fufa's practice covers an array of medical issues, from fractures and common hand and wrist conditions to complex wound coverage, limb salvage, and post-trauma functional enhancement. Her training includes plastic surgery and orthopedic surgery.
Dr. Fufa has traveled widely as part of her personal commitment to global medical issues, and volunteers internationally with the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
- Plastic surgery fellowship in trauma and microsurgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Fellowship training in hand and upper extremity surgery, Washington University, St. Louis, Mo.
- Orthopedic surgery residency, Hospital for Special Surgery, in New York, N.Y.
- Interned at New York Presbyterian/Weill-Cornell, New York, N.Y.
- Undergraduate and doctor of medicine degrees, Harvard University in Boston, Mass.
- 2014 American Society for Surgery of the Hand Young Leaders Program
- 2013 AO Trauma International Fellowship
- 2012 Overseas Chinese Affairs Council, Elite Scholarship
- 2012 Mayo Clinic-Chang Gung University Symposium in Reconstructive Surgery, Best Resident/Fellow Presentation award
- 2011 New York Society for Surgery of the Hand, Resident/Fellow research award
- 2011 J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society Scholarship
- 2009 American Foundation for Surgery of the Hand-Health Volunteers Overseas, Young Surgeon Traveling Fellowship