Dr. Sean Colio is a sports medicine physician specializing in the treatment and prevention of sports and musculoskeletal injuries. He serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Stanford University.
Dr. Colio co-founded the Sports Concussion Clinic at Swedish Spine, Sports & Musculoskeletal Medicine. He has contributed several textbook chapters on the use of musculoskeletal ultrasound in sports injuries and has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals. He previously served as a Clinical Instructor at the University of Washington and the Head Team Physician for University of Washington Lacrosse.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- ARDMS Registered Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Sonographer
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certification, Brain Injury Medicine
- Subspecialty Certification, Sports Medicine
- BS – University of California, Santa Cruz
- MD – Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University
- Residency – University of California Davis Medical Center and Shriner’s Hospital
- Fellowship – Marko Bodor MD Clinic, Napa, CA