Dr. Pietro Tonino is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon at Loyola University Hospital. He is also a professor of orthopaedic surgery at Loyola University Medical Center and the Program Director of sports medicine at Loyola University Health System. Dr. Tonino has expertise in shoulder, knee, and elbow injuries.
Dr. Tonino has served as the International Committee Chairman of the Arthroscopy Association of North America since 2013. He has also served on the Board of Councilors at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons since 2015. He speaks English, Spanish, and Italian.
- MD–Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Fellowship–Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedics - Orthopaedic Surgery: Sports Medicine
- Residency–Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center - Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of Specialization:
- Sports medicine
- Sports injuries
- Shoulder, knee, and elbow injuries
- Shoulder and knee arthroscopy
- Industrial injuries
Loyola Center for Health at River Forest
7617 W. North Ave.
River Forest, IL 60305
Loyola Outpatient Center
2160 S. First Ave.
Maywood, IL 60153