Dr. Christian Foglar was born and raised in Switzerland and received his medical degree from the University of Basel. He did his orthopedic residency at the University of California, San Francisco, and completed medical internships at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and Kantonsspital Chur and Schweizer Paraplegikerzentrum in Switzerland.
Dr. Foglar is a lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army Reserves and served in a combat support hospital in Kosovo in 2003. He speaks English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Serbo-Croatian. Dr. Foglar currently practices general orthopaedics in the Bay Area, offering diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and preventive care.
- MD – Universitat Basel, Switzerland
- Residency – Orthopaedics, University of California San Fransisco
- Internship – General Surgery, Harbor-University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center
- Internship – General Surgery and Orthopaedics, Kantonsspital Chur, Switzerland
- Internship – Plastic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Rehabilitation, Schweizer Paraplegikerzentrum, Switzerland
- Fellowship – Orthopaedic Trauma & Research, Baylor College of Medicine
- Board Certification – American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of Specialization:
Arthroscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery
Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery (including Joint Reconstruction)
6140 Camino Verde Drive, Suite L
San Jose, CA 95119