Dr. David Novak is an orthopedic surgeon and specializes in orthopedic sports medicine. He performs complex arthroscopic procedures for a range of orthopedic conditions and sports injuries of the shoulder, elbow, knee, and ankle.
Dr. Novak is active in academia, participating in clinical research and training fellow orthopedic surgeons in advanced shoulder arthroscopy at national meetings. He is also the team physician for D.C. United Soccer.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, Virginia Orthopaedic Society
- Member, Medical Society of Virginia
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- BS – University of Pennsylvania
- MD – Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, Georgetown University Medical Center
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy, Southern California Orthopedic Institute